When it comes to repairing your smile after tooth loss, it is important that you work with a quality dental implant dentist with multiple options to help you attain the smile of your dreams. Dental implants provide one of the best ways to permanently replace missing teeth and restore the optimal function and beauty of your mouth.
An Artificial Tooth that Feels Natural
Dental implants are a permanent solution for restoring missing teeth that involves the surgical placement of a small titanium post that will bond to the jaw bone. The implant provides a strong anchor for the custom-made crown that will be placed above the gums to fill the gap. This post acts as a tooth root, so it continues to stimulate the jawbone just like your natural tooth. This, in turn, helps to retain your natural face structure and prevents premature aging.
Your dental implant dentist will explain other benefits of dental implants including:
- Dental implants fit into your mouth like a natural tooth because they’re anchored into your jaw bone, so they feel and function like your original teeth
- Permanent, long-term tooth replacement solution that should last a lifetime with proper maintenance
- Easier to speak, eat, and maintain oral hygiene – Implants allow you to bite and chew your favorite foods without fear of the replacement tooth/teeth slipping or falling out of place.
- They don’t require any special cleaning or hygiene practices. You simply brush and floss like your other teeth
- Protects healthy teeth and bone – Dental implants are standalone, meaning that they need to be supported by adjacent teeth. In fact, they fill a gap and prevent adjacent teeth from shifting, which helps to maintain proper structure and function.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants can be used to replace one or more missing teeth, either alone or with dentures. Some additional procedures may be necessary to provide sufficient bone material to bond with the titanium post, like bone grafting. Please visit your dentist in Princeton TX to discuss your case and candidature for dental implants.